The wind can be a problem especially when you are trying to light a fire. Normal matches and lighters just can’t beat the wind when it blows. You need one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2022 to get your fire going.
These lighters are designed to handle breezes while making sure your fire is lit properly. Having trouble lighting your fire will be a thing of the past when you switch to the best available products on the market today.
If you are not sure which windproof lighter made our top 10 list, just continue to read our review. It is filled with the information you to need to find one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2022. Going with the best is always the smart move to make.
- List of Best Windproof Lighters Reviews
- 10. Tesla Coil Lighters
- 9. Lcfun Dual Arc Plasma Lighter
- 8. XBULL Electronic Lighter
- 7. Eternity Lighters Flameless Electronic Windproof Lighter
- 6. Kivors USB Rechargeable Windproof Double Arc Lighter
- 5. Mantello Tesla Coil Lighter
- 4. Five Flags Windproof Torch Lighter
- 3. Saberlight 2 Pack Rechargeable Plasma Beam Lighter
- 2. Saberlight Sparq Rechargeable Revolutionary Plasma Beam Lighter
- 1. Zippo Chrome Lighters
- How to choose a Windproof lighter:
- The advantages of using a windproof lighter:
- Related Posts
List of Best Windproof Lighters Reviews
10. Tesla Coil Lighters
Technology has a way of upgrading just about anything. In this case, it has been able to add a USB rechargeable feature to make sure this plasma lighter stays ready for use. You get a dual arc to make sure what you are lighting lights up quickly.
Plus, a protective cap ensures that the lighter portion is not damaged when not in use. Also, for added safety, an on and off switch is located next to the USB port. You get to prevent accidents before they hurt your family.
In addition to this, there is 360-degree access to the dual arc feature. No angle should be stopping you from lighting what you need to burn. The 3 ½ lighter is small enough to fit comfortably in your pocket or purse.
9. Lcfun Dual Arc Plasma Lighter
This looks like a regular old-fashioned lighter, but once you flip the top you will see the difference. Dual arcs are placed on an angle to give you better lighting options. Then a simple button activates the plasma flame, so you do not waste time flicking a dial.
Because there is no flame to blow out, the wind is pretty powerless to stop you from lighting your campfire. You can light up in the rain without worry as well. The rechargeable battery has about 1 ½ hour of life before needing a power boost.
You can recharge and use this battery up to 500 times before replacing it. The under5 ounce weight and 3-inch size will have you forgetting it is in your pocket.
8. XBULL Electronic Lighter
With all the upgrades technology does, it should be no surprise that it turned its attention to lighters. Dual arc lighters are far more convenient and easier to use than normal gas and flame models. You get dual arc power that resists wind and rain.
This energy efficient lighter saves on gas and only needs a USB connection to recharge. Then a full charge can last you up to a week depending on how often you use the lighter. One push of a button and you are ready to light what you need to have on fire.
Also, its zinc alloy outer construction is durable and protects the lighter from any damage. The two safety features, it won’t work with the lid closed or when charging, protects you from accidental light ups.
7. Eternity Lighters Flameless Electronic Windproof Lighter
This brightly designed lighter with is a unique use of color will grab your full attention. This will make sure you do not light up the wrong item because you were not paying attention.
Also, the dual arc is very protected from damage. Chrome plated posts protect the arcs from abuse and misuse. A 9-inch USB cable provides the path to recharge your lighter. After plugging in the cable, you need to wait about 2 hours to use it again.
Depending on your use, the battery should provide you with between 100 to 300 lights over a week’s time. A cleaning brush is included with your purchase. This helps make sure your arc contacts are free from obstruction and can light properly. A 1-year warranty protects your investment.
6. Kivors USB Rechargeable Windproof Double Arc Lighter
There is nothing wrong with having a dragon on your dual arc lighter. This design gives you the feeling that you are in the Orient on a secret mission. Just push of the button, located on the dis of the lighter, will produce the power you need to light your campfire.
To bring the light back to life after it runs out of power, just connect the USB port to the nearest power source and wait. In 2 hours, the lighter will be ready for action once again. The under 3-inch size fits perfectly in most pockets or purses.
Also, to clear the arc points, a soft cloth should be used to wipe away any obstructions. For best results, make sure to recharge it every 6 months.
5. Mantello Tesla Coil Lighter
Chrome plated posts make sure your dual arc contact points are always protected from accidental moves. After, opening the lid, you can light up just about anything even when the rain and wind are active.
Plus, you only have to endure 1 to 2 hours of recharge time before you can use the lighter again. A USB cord is included to make recharging much simpler. When the lid is closed, the lighter cannot work. This feature provides you with a little extra safety.
A zinc alloy makes this approx. 3-inch lighter durable and able to handle the knocks that come from daily use. Another safety feature is that the lighter is designed to be on for no more than 10 seconds at one time.
4. Five Flags Windproof Torch Lighter
When you still want to feel normal and a bit old-fashioned, these lighters will produce a good flame. To make lighting easier, the flame is adjustable. Just a lick of the thumb should raise or lower the flame.
Also, you can buy more than one at a time as these lighters come in different sized packs. You can have spares when you can’t find the one you are currently using. Plus, these lighters use regular butane gas to work. Although it should be noted that each lighter is empty when you purchase it. A little safety measure for you.
After filling with butane, you should wait about 30 minutes before using. The windproof flame needs to have the butane warm up first to give you the best results.
3. Saberlight 2 Pack Rechargeable Plasma Beam Lighter
It is always good to have a spare lighter lying around the house. You never know when one might sprout legs and walk away. This two-pack provides you with a spare lighter and dual arc lighting capabilities.
You only need an hour to charge the lighters. After that, you get up to 3 hours of battery life to light as many fires as you can. With its wind and rainproof abilities, you can light any fire in breezy or wet weather. You shouldn’t go cold again at your favorite campsite.
Another good feature that comes with this lighter is that you can use it at the airport. It is TSA approved so you do not have to worry about being accused of being a terrorist.
2. Saberlight Sparq Rechargeable Revolutionary Plasma Beam Lighter
Give your butane gas a cheerful good by when you switch to this plasma lighter. You do not need to use the harmful gas again. The dual arc function is supported by the Tesla coil to give you the heat you need to light your fire.
The weather doesn’t matter when you choose to be modern and up-to-date with your lighting tools. This wind and waterproof lighter will work under almost any weather condition.
After purchase, you will be able to recharge it from almost any power source that uses a USB connection. The battery life will depend on how often you use the lighter. Recharging takes a little time, so patience is needed when waiting to use the lighter again.
1. Zippo Chrome Lighters
You can’t have a windproof top ten list without a Zippo lighter being included. Zippo has been making lighters for decades and knows how to make a good windproof lighter. Also, its metal old-fashioned design gives you the classic look when lighting up.
Before using this lighter, make sure you fill the chamber with butane gas. This lighter should use standard butane and refilling gives you years of use. You also do not have to wait until it recharges to use it again.
The lighter uses standard Zippo products and comes with a lifetime guarantee. That provides you with a little peace of mind and saves you a little money as well. Be old-fashioned for a change and slow down a little when you light up. Slowing down is a safety feature.
How to choose a Windproof lighter:
There are many different styles and models of windproof lighters on the market today. Finding one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2022 may be a little difficult. Here are some things to look for as you conduct your search:
- Construction material- make sure that the outer shell and arc points are made from strong material that will hold up over time
- Arc number- one is good but 2 is always better. Look for those windproof lighters that provide you with more than one lighting arc
- Charge longevity- you usually get about a week of use on one charge. That should be more than enough. Of course, that time frame lowers the more you use the lighter
- Flame longevity- as long as you keep the butane chamber filled with gas, you will have flame
- Use- the lighter should be able to work under all weather conditions. What makes flame lighters windproof is that they use more butane to keep the flame going. This costs you more as those lighters require frequent refillings
- Size- the weight and size of the lighter should be very small. This makes them easier to carry and not be a problem when you need something from your pocket
- Recharge time- while you need patience as you wait for the windproof lighter to recharge, you shouldn’t have to wait more than 1 to 2 hours. Anything more means the charger or battery is not that good
- Warranty- make sure you get the right coverage and for an extended period of time
- Price- these lighters are usually affordable and shouldn’t be a burden on your budget
The advantages of using a windproof lighter:
Old-fashioned lighters needed ideal conditions to work properly. A little wind and they blow out. A little rain and they go out. The old-fashioned lighters also had wheels and strike plates that wear out.
All of these shortcomings have been overcome by the new windproof lighters. Here are some of the advantages that come from using one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2022:
- Few parts to wear out. Usually, it is the lid hinges that go first
- No wasted time refilling gas chambers. You also do not smell of lighter fluid
- You can recharge almost anywhere you are at. A good USB connection and you are good to go
- Weather doesn’t matter. Wind and rain shouldn’t put the arcs out and you can have heat when matches fail
- They are easy to use. Just one button lights up the arcs
- They look cool. The interior and exterior are nicely designed to impress your friends and family with your good design taste
The weather does not always co-operate when you go camping or hiking. It can change from a nice sunny day into a windy, wet, cold afternoon and evening. These conditions make it hard to use matches and normal lighters.
When you switch to one of the top 10 best windproof lighters in 2022, those dreary situations are a thing of the past. You get to build your fire, light it and be warm while you outlast the weather.