Believe it or not, there are some objects that regular or digital cameras cannot capture. If you have tried to capture these objects using normal cameras your results may not have been very good. All that can change when you choose to use one of the top 10 best document cameras in 2022.
Yes, documents and books are some of the hardest objects to get good results when you use a regular camera. You need one that is designed to handle their quirky nature and size. Plus, technology has improved these cameras so much that they are extremely easy to use.
When you want to get the best results, you need to go with the camera that is designed specifically for your subjects. Documents, books and similar objects just do not fit the norm. Go with one of the top 10 best document cameras in 2022 to solve your unusual image issues.
- List of Best Document Cameras Reviews
- 10. Longjoy Digital Portable Overhead USB Document Camera
- 9. Epson DC-07 Portable Document Camera
- 8. HUE HD Pro USB Document Camera
- 7. Educational Visualizer Gooseneck Document Camera
- 6. HUE HD USB camera for Windows and Mac
- 5. Learning Resources Luna Interactive Projection Camera
- 4. CZUR ET16 Plus CZUR Book & Document Scanner
- 3. IPEVO Ziggi-HD High-Definition USB Document Camera
- 2. Ipevo Ziggi-HD Plus High-Definition USB Document Camera
- 1. Ipevo Dual Mode 8MP Document Camera
- Using a document camera in the classroom:
- Things to look for in a good document camera:
- Related Posts
List of Best Document Cameras Reviews
10. Longjoy Digital Portable Overhead USB Document Camera
One of the most important details that all to be known is that this camera does not work with MAC OS. It is compatible with a variety of Windows operating systems from XP on up to Windows 10.
The touch control system makes image taking simple and saves you some time. The 4 LED lights help brighten your subject, so you do not have any image issues. Also, you can take photos in one of 5 different formats. From JPG to TIF, you are good to go.
Before you take your photo, you can adjust the camera to a variety of different positions. Both the head and base are designed to move as you desire. Within reason of course. A USB 2.0 cable is all you need to power the camera.
9. Epson DC-07 Portable Document Camera
This portable document camera provides you with easy access to all of its features. Al of the buttons are located close to each other on the base. You just need a fingertip to get your documents ready for their close-up.
The camera is extendable with 3 locking positions. Plus, it will take images in 1080p quality with an 8x zoom capability. The USB port allows you to connect the camera to your computer or Epson projector.
Another great feature is the built-in mic. You can record audio to go with any video you are making with the camera. A 15 fps makes sure your videos run smoothly. After you get started, you can use the freeze button t pause the video or restart when you are ready.
8. HUE HD Pro USB Document Camera
The gooseneck design allows you to twist this document camera into almost any reasonable position without it tipping over. Plus, the camera is made to work with both Windows and MAC. Just see the instructions to find the complete compatibility.
After setup you can use the 4 built-in LED lights to illuminate your documents, so you get the best result possible. The versatility of this camera knows few boundaries. It can record sound, email videos, images, and even post to YouTube among other talents.
It will also work with SKYPE if your computer does not have a great internet camera. A good USB connection is all you need to have this camera work for you and enhance your image taking. All instructions for easy operation are included with your purchase.
7. Educational Visualizer Gooseneck Document Camera
With 30 frames per second and 1080p capability you know you have a good camera with this model. Then with its 10x zoom ability, you can get pp close and personal to see every detail in your image.
Also, the base is filled with all the buttons you need to access every feature on this camera. You can set your resolution to 2592 by 1944 or scan up to A3 documents with a touch of a finger. The adjustable resolution function is worth its weight in gold.
Then to see your documents clearly three built-in LED lights brighten the situation. In addition, a built-in mic helps you record your thoughts as you take videos, etc. The camera will support up to a 32 GB SD card.
6. HUE HD USB camera for Windows and Mac
Another document camera with a gooseneck design. This versatility provides you with almost unlimited location options. The plug and play function make it easy to use and you can turn on the built-in mic to make special recordings.
All you need to do to get it up and running is to plug the USB cable into the camera and your computer. Also, this camera will work with certain Windows and MAC operating systems. Although some additional software may be required to handle different applications.
In addition to all of this, you get 10x zoom capability to bring your objects a lot closer. Any special effects capabilities are limited to Windows operating systems. Also, you can project textbook and other book pages clearly on to the screen with its projector compatibility features.
5. Learning Resources Luna Interactive Projection Camera
Two buttons on its base give you the access you need to use this document camera correctly. They also make it very easy to operate. The camera’s versatility also allows it to be used as a webcam, video recorder, and of course a normal camera.
Also, the USB cable brings the power to the unit while letting you connect it to different Windows and MAC operating systems. This is a basic camera for those people who have simple needs and like simple to use equipment.
Plus, you still get the great features other more complicated cameras have. A built-in mic, gooseneck design for flexibility in shots, multiple LED lights to brighten your subject and more. Even though it is simple you do not miss out when you choose to use this document camera.
4. CZUR ET16 Plus CZUR Book & Document Scanner
You can scan those important documents or book pages with ease with this easy to use document camera. Its side light technology makes sure you get an even and balanced image once you are done.
To be able to scan, you can hold the book with your fingers. Its smart technology will automatically flatten the pages for you. Tilt correction and auto cropping are two good features that make your scans a lot better.
Also, the scan takes only about 1 ½ seconds to compete. Your scanning duties will go by faster than you thought. Plus, you can scan documents bound or unbound up to A3 paper size. Then with one click, you can alter the format from Word, to PDF to TIFF formats.
3. IPEVO Ziggi-HD High-Definition USB Document Camera
The architect arms that are used to give this camera its flexibility work well. You should be able to find that perfect camera position to take your document’s image. Plus, the resolution quality is adjustable with a maximum of 2592 by 1944.
Also, a 6x zoom feature makes sure you can see the fine print on your documents with ease. If you need to do any web conferencing, video recording or even a podcast, this camera brings a built-in mic with it. Your recordings should be clear and easy to listen to.
In addition to all of this, 3 buttons on the of the camera provide easy access to the features and easy operation. You can use up to A3 paper size when taking images of your documents with this camera.
2. Ipevo Ziggi-HD Plus High-Definition USB Document Camera
There is little better image quality than HD and this 8p digital camera delivers that quality. Its resolution reaches up to 3264 x 2448p, but only if it is connected to a Windows or MC operating system
With 30 frames per second capability, you can have your videos run smoothly and with few hassles. Also, you can capture images up to 13 ½ x 10” in size. All the buttons you need to use are in the camera’s head and easily accessed. You can get great quality images with a touch of a fingertip.
With its flexibility and swivel features, there shouldn’t be an angle too hard for you to capture. In addition, the camera lens is an autofocus model and the camera uses the standard USB 2.0 for its power and connectivity.
1. Ipevo Dual Mode 8MP Document Camera
Last but not least, this 8 megapixel camera brings 3264 x 2448 resolution capabilities to your images. But that is at 10 frames per second in USB mode. The HD mode lowers the resolution to 1920 x 1080 but delivers images at 30 frames per second.
Also, you can choose your maximum shooting area. The first is at 11 x 19” approx., and the second comes in at 13.5 x 18”, approx. It is up to you and what your situation demands to use which option.
The swivel camera is attached to an arm that can be raised or lower at will. Then the controls are located on the leg attached to the base. They are easy to reach and use. The plug and play feature is very convenient.
Using a document camera in the classroom:
If you are a teacher, these hints may be of some use for you. One of the top 10 best document cameras in 2022 will enhance your classroom time and hopefully make teaching a little easier. Here are those few tips:
- Demonstrates assignments better- everyone can see how to do a graph or other homework when you attach the camera to a projector. There should be no confusion as the work is enlarged and easy to read
- Highlight page numbers- when students ask what page an assignment is on, you can point to the screen and show them where the enlarged page number is located
- Review work- you can put assignments on the board easier and make them larger. This allows you to highlight the mistakes or good points of any assignment and clearly explain where the student went wrong or where they excelled.
- Instruction tool- you can display a copy of the assignment easier and make sure the students understand exactly what they are to do
- Discussion apparatus- you can display different questions you want to discuss with your students or you can have them read the questions and write their own answers to them
Things to look for in a good document camera:
Here are some key features to make sure you are getting one of the best document cameras on the market today:
- portable- easy movement is a must
- have a built-in mic- recording is so much easier when you use built-in systems
- have great connectivity- if they do not connect well to your other devices, you have wasted your money
- editing tools- this allows you to print words or do other necessary things to make your images or videos better
- flexibility- you need to be able to position the camera where you need to in order to get the right images
- good uploading capabilities- you want to make sure you can upload your images to your desired web locations with little hassle
- remote control- if possible, you want one of these to give you a little freedom to move about and still change slides or videos
- zoom feature- the larger the zoom the better you can see the smallest details on your documents, etc.
Technology has made leaps and bounds in upgrading old equipment. This feat can be seen in the way technology has upgraded the document camera. Each of the top 10 document cameras in 2022 demonstrates what technology has brought to your home or classroom.
You get better picture quality, better zoom capabilities, better scanning, and much more. Your life will be made a little easier and a lot more creative with these upgraded cameras. Once you used one, you will be thinking where have they been all your life. They are that good.