A soft place to land, that’s what babies need when it is time for their nap. Keeping their sleep time nice and comfortable is one of the duties of the top 10 best crib mattresses in 2019. These mattresses are built with your baby in mind.
Not only do they provide comfort, but they also handle your other baby needs as well. They are durable and can withstand any mess your baby sends their way. Plus, they are easy to keep clean and smelling fresh. Nothing but the best for your baby.
One way to find out which mattress made our top 10 best crib mattresses in 2019 is to keep reading our review. It is filled with the information you need to make a smart purchase. Providing the best crib mattress for your child is the way to parent.
- List of Best Crib Mattresses Reviews
- 10. Burt’s Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet
- 9. My First Crib Mattress
- 8. Carters Waterproof Protective Mattress Pad Cover
- 7. Milliard Crib Mattress
- 6. Milliard 2-Inch Ventilated Memory Foam Crib Bed Mattress
- 5. American Baby Company Waterproof Fitted Mattress Cover
- 4. Little One’s Pad Pack N Play Crib Mattress Cover
- 3. American Baby Company Waterproof Fitted Crib Protective Mattress Pad Cover
- 2. Graco Premium Foam Crib Bed Mattress
- 1. Dream On Me 3″ Playard Mattress
- What to look for in a crib mattress:
- Some safety notices concerning crib mattresses:
List of Best Crib Mattresses Reviews
10. Burt’s Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet
While not a crib mattress, this sheet is a vital part of your baby’s comfort. Made from cotton, this sheet works with the mattress to give your baby a soft place to sleep. The organic contents also provide your baby with a healthy environment.
Its elastic band holders fit snuggly around most crib mattresses with ease. They hang on tight even when your baby decides to play. The 28 by 52-inch size should be compatible with a majority of crib mattresses on the market today.
After putting it on the mattress, this cotton sheet protects sensitive skin from any irritation. With GOTS certification, you know you have a great mattress sheet in this product. When your baby is comfortable, so are you.
9. My First Crib Mattress
The memory foam interior should help keep your baby nice and comfortable. Made from flexible polyurethane foam, the 52 by 27 by 5-inch crib mattress has enough padding to keep your baby safe from any turns and moves they make.
Also, the removable mattress cover can be washed to make sure everything stays clean for your baby. The waterproof cover protects the mattress from any accidents that might happen during nap time.
Made from fire resistant materials, this hypoallergenic mattress is also lead-free, mite-proof and anti-microbial. Plus, it is phthalate and PVC free. More than enough protection for your baby. You can let your baby rest with peace of mind as this mattress also meets CPSC standards.
8. Carters Waterproof Protective Mattress Pad Cover
One way to provide long life to your crib mattress is to keep it safe under the right mattress cover. This polyester mattress cover should fit all mattresses measuring 28 by 52 inches in size.
Then, the waterproof cover protects your crib mattress from any accidents that may happen as you let your baby sleep or do its daily activities. You can only get this version of the mattress cover in the white color.
Cleaning is not that difficult. Just use cold water on the gentle cycle. Also, make sure to wash it separately from other fabrics. You do not want any color transfer to take place. If you need to use bleach make sure it does not have any chlorine in its ingredients. Dry on low heat, do not iron or dry clean, please.
7. Milliard Crib Mattress
The standard crib size handles a standard 52 by 28-inch crib mattress with no problem. You can get this 5-inch thick mattress inside your baby’s crib without any difficulty. Plus, the mattress is made from good quality foam.
This foam replaces any of those old-fashioned springs that used to be uncomfortable for babies. Also, no chemicals have been used to meet any anti-flame requirements. The mattress is also toxin free as it uses fiberglass to protect your child.
In addition to this, the top and sides of the mattress are waterproof while the underneath allows for the mattress to breathe and dry. Also, your baby will get the support he or she needs when you choose to use this mattress over the competition.
6. Milliard 2-Inch Ventilated Memory Foam Crib Bed Mattress
Your young baby needs lots of support when he or she sleeps. This memory foam mattress molds to the shape of your baby giving him or her lots of support during nap time. That support works to stop your baby from moving during the night, so you get a better night’s rest.
Also, the cover that is included is hypoallergenic. It protects your baby’s sensitive skin while making sure he or she stays dry throughout the night. To ease your mind, the mattress and cover are made without toxins and chemicals.
Plus, cleaning is a snap. Just remove the over and toss it in the washing machine. Soon, your baby will be resting on his or her clean mattress cover.
5. American Baby Company Waterproof Fitted Mattress Cover
When you purchase a 100 per cent organic mattress cover like this product, you know you are getting the best for your baby. Made with organic cotton, this cover can be used with crib mattresses measuring up to 52 by 28 by 6 inches. Overall, the cover measures 52 by 28 by 9 inches in size.
Also, the quilted texture of the cover makes sure your baby has an extra soft spot to sleep on. The soft cotton removes any noise that may disturb your baby when he or she moves during its sleep. Its waterproof coating helps the cover last you a long time.
When you clean it, use mild soap, cold water and place your washer on the gentle cycle. Save the chlorine beach for your other fabrics.
4. Little One’s Pad Pack N Play Crib Mattress Cover
Designed specifically for the pack n play crib mattress, you may be able to fit this crib mattress cover over other similar sized models. Even if the mattresses are between 3 and 5 inches thick.
Made from top quality materials, this crib mattress cover should last you a long time. These materials are waterproofed and bring a hypoallergenic safety to your baby’s crib life. Plus, the cover is bacteria resistant and odorless to make life a little easier for your child.
A soft top cover is designed to bring comfort to your child as he or she sleeps the night away. After placing it on your baby’s mattress you will be impressed by its ability to absorb all sorts of liquids with ease.
3. American Baby Company Waterproof Fitted Crib Protective Mattress Pad Cover
You spend a lot of money on your baby’s crib mattress. It makes sense that you want to provide it with the best protection possible. This waterproof polyester mattress cover will handle the mattress protection duty without complaint.
Before you place it on the mattress you will feel how soft it is to your touch. That same softness will be felt by your baby. Also, that softness removes the old-fashioned crinkling sound mattress covers used to make.
Measuring 52 by 298 by 9 inches in size, you will find that this cover will fit standard size mattresses without difficulty. Its reinforced corners work with the elastic to make sure you get a tight comfortable fit over the crib mattress. To keep clean, you can use your washer and dryer.
2. Graco Premium Foam Crib Bed Mattress
For your baby to get a good night’s sleep, one item they need is a very comfortable mattress. Made from thick breathable foam, the comfort is built into this mattress. Then a water-resistant lining works to keep your baby dry every time it goes to seep.
Also, the special construction materials use anti-static and anti-microbial ingredients to ensure your baby is not subject to harmful contaminants. The phthalate and lead-free materials protect your baby and leave the harmful chemicals out of its construction.
Plus, for your peace of mind, the mattress does meet all fire and flammable requirements to make sure your baby remains safe when he or she uses the mattress. Its firm construction provides the needed support your young baby needs to be healthy.
1. Dream On Me 3″ Playard Mattress
The 10 per cent vinyl material is there to help keep this crib mattress waterproof. Your baby can stay drier at night or during nap time with this protection. Then, the 90 per cent foam brings the comfort and softness you expect in a baby’s mattress.
For safety and health protection, this mattress is also made from hypoallergenic materials. The bacteria resistant cover stops mold, mildew, and odor from getting a foothold on the cover and the mattress. Harsh chemicals like lead, etc., are also not a factor in its construction.
Measuring 38 by 26 by 3 your baby should have enough room to get a good nap or night’s sleep. To keep clean, just wipe with a damp cloth and mild soap.
What to look for in a crib mattress:
When you are shopping for one of the top 10 best crib mattresses in 2019, there are key elements you need to look for. Not just any mattress will do for your baby. Here are some of those key elements:
• Breathable- this allows your baby to breathe normally even when it is sleeping on its stomach
• The correct size- you do not want a mattress that is too small. If it is, then you have left gaps which may prove harmful to your child
• Is it firm- you want a very firm mattress for your baby. The firmer the better as this provides support your baby needs
• Foam density- the thicker the density the better. But watch out, this factor is rarely mentioned by anyone
• Resilient- the faster the mattress snaps back int position after pushing it with your hand, the better
• Weight- since you will be doing the heavy lifting, make sure you get a mattress that is easy for you to maneuver. It shouldn’t hurt your back when you are lifting it up to change covers
• Mattress covers- since mattresses usually come with a cover, look for waterproof or water-resistant covers. This helps protect the life of the mattress as well as keep your baby dry
• Ventilation- this feature allows the mattress to clean out the bad odors faster
• Cleaning- make sure you get the one that can be cleaned the easiest way possible. Mattresses are not light, and you have to continue to move it in order to make sure it is ready for your baby
• Seals- these seals tell you that the mattress has passed or met all safety requirements to be sold for your baby’s use. The more seals the better the mattress. If you are not sure of all the seals your mattress should have, do some research and get familiar before you buy
Some safety notices concerning crib mattresses:
Even though you are buying new, you still need to be careful you are getting the right mattress for your baby. Being safe is a sign of good parenting. Of course, you may find a used top 10 best crib mattress in 2019 as well. So be careful before you buy.
1. Used mattresses- these mattresses have n guarantees. Before you buy it, you need to be aware that toxins, chemicals, and bacteria etc., may have been used or grown on the mattress. This is especially so when the foam is exposed or does not respond properly to your touch
2. Don’t place your baby on an air mattress. These mattresses are too soft for your baby and may cause him or her to slip into a dangerous position
Having a new baby is an exciting event. You want to make sure you give your baby the best start in life. To do that you need one of the top 10 best crib mattresses in 2019. These mattresses are made with the top construction materials.
They are designed to keep your baby safe, comfortable and protect it from different toxins, bacteria, and accidents during the night. When it is your baby go with the best and be sure.
Check: Best Bean Bag Chairs