What to do with falling leaves, that is the age-old question that has to be answered every Autumn when the leaves begin to change their color. For pool owners, the answer to that question is to get one of the top 10 best above ground pool covers in 2020.
These pool covers protect your pool when the time comes for the leaves to fall to the ground. Plus, they make great maintenance tools to keep your pool in top shape when not in use.
If you are not sure which pool cover made our top 10 best list, just continue to read our review. It is filled with the information you need to find the best protection for your above ground. Going with the best is the smart way to protect your investment in your above ground pool.
- List of Best Above Ground Pool Covers Reviews
- 10. In The Swim Above Ground Pool Leaf Net Cover
- 9. Robelle Winter Pool Cover for In-Ground Swimming Pools
- 8. Buffalo Blizzard Winter Cover for Above-Ground Swimming Pools
- 7. Robelle Super Winter Pool Cover
- 6. Pool Mate Sandstone Winter Pool Cover
- 5. Blue Wave 24-ft Round Leaf Net Above Ground Pool Cover
- 4. Intex Solar Cover for Rectangular Frame Pools
- 3. Blue Wave Silver Round Above Ground Pool Winter Cover
- 2. Intex Deluxe 18-Foot Round Pool Cover
- 1. Blue Wave Bronze Above Ground Pool Winter Cover
- The pros and cons of pool covers:
- Related Posts
List of Best Above Ground Pool Covers Reviews
10. In The Swim Above Ground Pool Leaf Net Cover
Falling leaves should not be a problem with this leaf net pool cover. It is designed to catch those dead leaves and keep them from getting scattered. This makes leaf clean-up every year much easier to do.
The black pool cover measures 24 feet in diameter and should be big enough to cover most large pools. Also, its knitted polyethylene construction makes the nest durable, strong as well as long-lasting.
Plus, fastening loops and cables will attach this leaf catcher to your current winter above ground pool cover. It only takes a few minutes to install and get the leaf protection you need. The good news is that this leaf catcher is made in a variety of sizes. There should be one to fit your pool.
9. Robelle Winter Pool Cover for In-Ground Swimming Pools
You put a lot of money into your inground pool. It stands to reason that you would spend a little more to get the best inground pool cover to protect it. This 20 by 40-foot polyethylene pool cover comes with 5 extra feet of material. This allows for some overlap protection.
Also, you get an 8 by 8 scrim. Both the pool cover and scrim are made from top quality materials, so they last you a long time. Plus, the roughly 2-ounce weight per square yard makes this pool cover extra strong.
After measuring your pool, make sure to order a larger size if you have steps coming out of the pool. Steps take up needed pool cover space. The pool cover is also designed to prevent algae from growing.
8. Buffalo Blizzard Winter Cover for Above-Ground Swimming Pools
Winters can be harsh on an above ground pool which is why you need to top pool covers to protect them. This 24-foot pool cover will cover similar sized pools with a little overlap protection. The reversible design means there is no wrong way to put this pool cover on.
With a 4’ overlap you have plenty of material to make sure you secure your pool for the winter. After laying out the cover, there are grommets every 3’ to tie the cover to your pool. Vinyl covered cables and a winch keeps the cover secure.
Plus, the UV protected nylon uses double stitching and triple hems to make sure the cover lasts you a long time. There is an 8 by 8 scrim per inch.
7. Robelle Super Winter Pool Cover
With an 8 by 8 scrim and just over 2 ounces per square yard of weight, you know you are getting a heavy-duty polyethylene pool cover. The construction materials are designed to make sure your pool is covered by the best cover possible.
Installation is not that difficult. After laying out the cover, you will find that you have a 4’ overlap. This makes securing it to your pool much easier. Plus, grommets, cables, and a winch are included to keep the pool securely in place all winter.
Then, its 24-foot size makes sure you have enough cover to protect your similar sized pool. If your above ground pool is smaller, don’t worry. These pool covers come in a variety of sizes. One will fit your pool for sure.
6. Pool Mate Sandstone Winter Pool Cover
It is very rare that you will have a rectangle or square above ground pool. Those designs are left to the inground version. With this pool cover, you get 24 feet in diameter coverage all winter long.
Besides the 24 feet of material, there is an extra 4’ added. This makes sure you have overlap protection and enough material to protect your pool. Plus, its heated seal seam system adds to the durability this pool cover brings to your investment.
In addition, the cover is made in such a way that it discourages algae growth. The polyethylene construction material is strong and should last you a long time. Just make sure to use the right closing chemicals before you cover your pool.
5. Blue Wave 24-ft Round Leaf Net Above Ground Pool Cover
Leaf protection is a big concern with pool owners. They know what dead leaves can do to an above ground pool if left alone. This pool cover will catch those leaves and keep them from damaging your pool over the winter months.
Its 24-foot size comes with a 3-foot overlap to make sure you have plenty of coverage. Then heavy-duty cables along with a winch allow you to secure the pool cover and keep it in place throughout those rough months of inactivity.
Also, the black coated underside works to keep algae from growing as you pool waits for spring. Plus, heated sealed seams add to the durability this pool cover brings to your pool. A variety of sizes are available if your pool does not reach 24 feet in diameter.
4. Intex Solar Cover for Rectangular Frame Pools
If you have a rectangular above ground pool, there is hope for you. This rectangle solar pool cover protects 18 by 9’ sized pools while keeping the water warm. Solar power works to make sure damage does not happen to your pool when not in use.
Also, you get U-shaped poles and straps to keep the pool cover in place when you do not need to use the pool. Its hemmed edges add to the durability of this 160-micron material pool cover.
There is no overlap to the cover. It sits inside your pool to make sure nothing gets in when you do not use it. One person can put the cover on or take it. It is that easy to use.
3. Blue Wave Silver Round Above Ground Pool Winter Cover
The good news for pool owners is that above ground pool covers do not come in a one size fits all diameter. If your pool measures only 18 feet in diameter, then this pool cover is for you.
After laying out the cover, you get wind, rain and snow protection. Also, you get an extra 4’ to completely cover your above ground pool. Plus, the polyethylene construction material is treated to protect against any UV damage the sun may cause the pool cover.
The rip proof grommets work with vinyl cables to make sure your pool cover stays securely in place when covering your pool. Just so you know, the green color is the top and the black is the bottom.
2. Intex Deluxe 18-Foot Round Pool Cover
Rain water has a way of building up on pool covers throughout the seasons. One nice feature that comes with this pool cover is its drain holes. These holes let water drip through while cutting down on the build-up.
After lying out the pool cover, the UV protective coating should keep your pool free from any damage the sun may cause. Then, you secure the cover in place with the included rope ties.
Made from heavy-duty polyethylene materials, this 18-foot pool cover should be durable and long lasting. Also, the cover should keep any leaves out that fall from your or your neighbor’s trees. The easy to install pool cover allows one person to put it on or take it off easily.
1. Blue Wave Bronze Above Ground Pool Winter Cover
Only snowbirds go swimming in the winter time in hotter geographical regions. That is why a 24-foot pool cover is needed to protect your 24-foot diameter pool. You won’t be swimming in the winter. The pool cover also stops leaves from entering the pool.
Also, with the standard 4-foot overlap, you shouldn’t have to rip or stretch the pool cover to protect your pool. The specially treated top side works to protect against UV rays, wind, rain, and even snow.
Plus, the black underside is coated to make sure algae has a hard time getting a foothold in your covered pool. For best results, make sure the pool cover rests on the water. This design relieves any stress issues your pool wall may have. Rip prove grommets and cables keep the pool cover securely in place.
The pros and cons of pool covers:
Did you know that very few pool owners use pool covers? Their reasons are that the cons outweigh the pros of having one. Like any product, the top 10 best above ground pool covers in 2020 do have their share of pros and cons.
The good news is that the cons do not outweigh the pros. Here are a few of each to help you make an informed decision:
- Increases water temperature- this helps you save money on your heating bill and saves on maintenance costs when you use your pool heater less.
- Saves on chlorine- UV light damages chlorine. With a pool cover, you can save on your chlorine use and keep the pool healthier for all
- Saves on water use- evaporation is slowed and you do not have to keep filling your pool to make sure you have enough water for swimming
- Ease leaf collection work- pool covers make leaf collection simple and a lot easier to do. You do less work and protect against any blockages that may occur in skimmers and leaf collectors
- Cuts down on supervision you do not have to watch your pool as much giving you more time for more important duties. You can go away on vacation worry free as well knowing that your pool is protected
- Ugly- some people think these pool covers do not look good. They leave their pool unprotected and risk spending more money over how something looks
- They are a hassle- you have to take them off for a quick dip. Then you have to put them back on again. A lot of people do not want the hassle
- Storage space- you need a safe place to put the pool cover when it is not covering your pool
- Water levels- some pool covers require that you lower the water level for the best results. This adds to your water consumption and makes you spend more time maintaining your pool than you should
- Do not work on all pool shapes- believe it or not, not all pools are round or rectangle. Some have odd shapes and pool covers are not designed to cover those odd shapes
As you can see, the pros definitely outweigh the cons when t comes to pool covers. Pools are expensive, so it is a wise move to protect your investment with a good pool cover.
Whether your pool is round, rectangle or above ground or in the ground, it makes sense to use a pool cover. You have spent a lot of money on your pool and it is not a smart move to keep your pool at risk of damage.
Using one of the top 10 best above ground pool covers in 2020 is the way to save yourself money. Repairs to your pool are not cheap. These pool covers are designed to make sure you do not spend any more money than you have to.
Related Post: Best Inflatable Hot Tubs