Drywall is an extensively used panel in the building of interior walls and ceilings. Employing drywalls is typically a laborious task, chiefly when you do it by your hands. The use of dedicated equipment is crucial to ensure an effective layout of drywalls during construction.
For covering the whole house or building or large area, it is practically impossible to lay drywalls by hands. For that, the special equipment called drywall screw guns works magically to alleviate physical stress faced during the process. These tools differ on the basis of their precision, operating speed, size, quality, durability, etc. But one thing assured –fastening of drywalls is accomplished with great precision.
They are purposely made lightweight and compact to accurately drive screws inside. Actually, there are many different models of drywall screw guns, so glance at few of the best ones discussed below:
- List of Best Drywall Screw Guns in 2019
- 12. Senco DS215-18V 2″ 18v Li-ion 5000 RPM Auto-Feed Screwdriver:
- 11. Festool 201675 Cordless Drywall Screw Gun DWC Basic:
- 10. DEWALT DCF622B 20V MAX Screwgun:
- 9. Bosch SG250 120-Volt 2500 RPM Screw Gun:
- 8. Dewalt DCF620D2R 20V MAX XR Cordless Drywall Screwgun Kit:
- 7. Makita LXSF01Z 18V LXT Drywall Screwdriver-Tool:
- 6. Hitachi W6V4 6.6 Amp Drywall Screwdriver:
- 5. Makita XRF02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Screwdriver Kit:
- 4. Makita FS6200 6,000 RPM Drywall Screwdriver:
- 3. Makita FS4200 6 Amp Drywall Screwdriver:
- 2. Makita XSF03Z 18V LXT Drywall Screwdriver:
- 1. Ridgid R6791 3 In Drywall and Deck Collated Screwdriver:
List of Best Drywall Screw Guns in 2019
12. Senco DS215-18V 2″ 18v Li-ion 5000 RPM Auto-Feed Screwdriver:
The auto-feed screwdriver from Senco is popular due to its great precision and simplicity of use. Its entire functioning is based on the 18V Li-ion technology by the inclusion of 2 batteries and the high-speed motor working at 5000 RPM.
This 18V gun furnishe with the tool-free screw length adjustment, so you could accurately drive in the required screws. Through the depth lock, there will be no chances of inaccuracy or instability.
What benefits the customers is the built-in battery lasts a long time, so long-lasting use is guaranteed. It is quite convenient to use this high-speed screwdriver and since it is not too heavy, it can be carried easily.
- This DS215-18V gun comes with the quick slide button bit change and adjustable speed trigger equipped with reverse and lock.
- Implementation of the patent-pending corner-fit feed mechanism has found. The included belt hook is found to be left or right handed adaptable.
- Kit includes 2 drive bits, drywall/wood nosepiece, 2-18v Li-ion batteries, charger, and storage bag
- The quick operation facilitates through the 5000 RPM high-speed motor.
11. Festool 201675 Cordless Drywall Screw Gun DWC Basic:
The prominent traits of the cordless screw gun are its silent operation, high efficiency, and precise operation. There would be no time-wasting process to install this drywall screw gun on any wall or ceilings.
Typically, hanging drywall is a laborious task and so the use of a high-quality drywall gun is inevitable. The brand Festool introduced the most sophisticated and efficiently working drywall gun. There is the special inclusion of the magazine attachment in order to utilize typically obtainable assembled screws, on-demand push and drive mechanism.
The users would have been benefits with exceptional durability made possible through the advanced EC Tec brushless motor technology. So, this cordless screw gun is constructed for heavy-duty fastening tasks for different constructions.
- The cordless screw gun drives screws precisely and uniformly with electronic and mechanical depth control. Issues of overdriven fasteners are averted using the automatic cut-off t.
- The process of the hanging sheet made fast with aspects like fast working motor at the speed of 4,500 RPM and the AUTO-FEED MAGAZINE utilizing collated screws.
- There is a special inclusion of the electronic cut-off and accurate depth control.
10. DEWALT DCF622B 20V MAX Screwgun:
There is no speculation that the brand DEWALT is extensively popular when it comes to mechanical tools. Most customers are thoroughly satisfied and impressed with this screw gun. Its entire operation is noise-free and employs quicker driving compared to a ratchet.
Owing to its lightweight structure, this 20V screw gun feels comfortable when handled. So, it is a superb tool for driving the screws. Long-lasting use guaranteed since the screw gun utilizes DEWALT built-in brushless motor to present enhanced efficiency.
- The position of the grip allows the user to drive more inline than a ratchet.
- Uniform speed of up to 2,000 RPMs delivered to enhance the working speed and overall operation.
- Execution of the Versa-Clutch mechanism protects the fasteners and material against damage.
- Incorporation of the LED light offers enhanced visibility and capable to illuminate dark areas.
9. Bosch SG250 120-Volt 2500 RPM Screw Gun:
Since years, Bosch is popular to offer inventive, professional power tools that fulfill the needs of high-speed accuracy and durability. One of the wonderful and decent quality screw gun from Bosch is this 120-Volt drywall screw gun. Excellent work results guaranteed to use it for a variety of applications.
High levels of comfort assured due to its compact design and lightweight structure. To perfectly accomplish the screw fastening jobs, Bosch offers the long lasting power, so efficiency is high. Based on your needs, you can make a selection between the corded or cordless screw gun.
- The appearance of this Bosch SG250 screw gun showcases compact, beautiful ergonomic design furnished with contoured grip. The included grip dedicated to enhancing comfort even for prolonged use.
- Exchangeable bit tip and TEK nose-versatility are available to use the screw gun for more than one job.
- The inclusion of the high torque gearbox is capable to insert screws into hardwoods.
- It comes with the adjustable speed trigger equipped with a forward-reverse lever to employ enhanced control.
8. Dewalt DCF620D2R 20V MAX XR Cordless Drywall Screwgun Kit:
Recognized as an ideal tool for accomplishing enormous DIY projects, this model of cordless drywall screw gun is speedy and precise. The included battery is dedicated to last longer without any compromise in the efficiency. Its petite and lightweight design is highly admired by customers.
The appropriate use of this 20V cordless screw gun speeds up the procedure of driving off sheets of drywall. For a drywall contractor, this kit is highly recommended. The brand’s brushless motor provides the maximum runtime.
- Presence of the 4,400 RPM speed delivers corded performance without using the cord.
- Overall ergonomics are made superior and the performances are up to the mark.
- A secure locking mechanism is employed using the Nosecone locks and it is easily detachable.
- To enhance portability, there is the availability of a belt hook.
7. Makita LXSF01Z 18V LXT Drywall Screwdriver-Tool:
There is no point of doubt that all the mechanical tools from Makita are reliable and efficient. The flawless working and high efficiency of this screwdriver tool go to its built-in motor that offers a maximum speed of up to 4,000 RPM.
At this speed, this drywall screwdriver can handle most drywall and framing applications. The prominent aspects describing this Makita LXSF01Z tool are comfortable to use, excellent reliability, handiness, and high performance.
Generally, there would be no hassles regarding using an extension cord to set up your drywall. Due to the advanced Makita cordless technology, this screw gun provides the impeccable solution to accomplish a screw driving project.
- To enhance control and comfort during the use, this 18V screwdriver is ergonomically designed using the rubberized pistol grip. It is found that this grip comes with enormous 2-finger trigger.
- Provision of the adaptable nose piece employs uniform screw depth.
- The incorporated L.E.D. light shines the dark work area.
6. Hitachi W6V4 6.6 Amp Drywall Screwdriver:
Excellent power and torque at the output are the most beneficial aspects of this Hitachi screwdriver tool. Due to the lengthy cord, there is no need to utilize an extension cord for the majority of the jobs.
When you are looking for high durability while purchasing a drywall screwdriver, it is best to invest in this tool. It can flawlessly handle wood, light gauge, and heavy gauge steel too. Particularly for high-speed screw applications, this tool from the popular brand is a suitable choice to try.
- In this W6V4 screwdriver, the powerful 6.6A motor operates at 4500-RPM speed.
- Noise level is reduced to 76 dB through the silent clutch.
- There is the facility of detachable nose piece for trouble-free bit substitute and adjustment.
- External factors would not influence since it comes in an aluminum gear case.
5. Makita XRF02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Screwdriver Kit:
The key aspect responsible behind the efficient working of this model of screwdriver kit is its fast-speed motor. This delivers superb fastening speed to effortlessly and quickly perform screw driving tasks. In its structure, the rugged aluminum based dust-proof type auto feed casing guarantees soft sliding mechanism.
On the other hand, the screw guide avoids the issues of tangling in the screw strip. With battery included, the total weight of this screwdriver tool is just 5.1 lbs., so there will be no fatigue during its working.
- Execution of the silent clutch design utilizes highly durable materials dedicated to enhancing operation efficiency. Moreover, there would be reduced driver noise during the operation.
- The included 4-pole motor offers 4,000 RPM speed at the max.
- Its auto feed design allows the tool to be lightweight and compact.
4. Makita FS6200 6,000 RPM Drywall Screwdriver:
The Makita FS6200 is specifically engineered for a wide range of hanging applications. Also, it is a perfect drywall screwdriver for use by drywall contractors, plaster contractors, carpenters, acoustical contractors, and general contractors. So, the top-notch screw driving experience is guaranteed with simplicity.
It just weighs 3.0 lbs. and is equipped with an accurate balance for excellent user comfort. The arrangement of the ergonomic grip is available presenting enhanced comfort whereas the cast aluminum gear casing enhances durability.
- In this FS6200 drywall screwdriver, the powerful 6.0A motor with 0-6,000 RPM motor allows the tool to handle most hanging and framing tasks.
- The incorporated L.E.D. light enlightens the work area for offering superb productivity in dark areas.
- High convenience during the operation facilitates through the steel belt clip.
3. Makita FS4200 6 Amp Drywall Screwdriver:
One more 6 Amp drywall screwdriver from Makita in this list, the FS4200 tool is commendable due to its simplicity of use and lightweight. Compared to other screwdrivers available currently, this one from Makita is more efficient and simpler to use.
Sturdy quality and well-crafted design further enhance the attention of customers toward the use of this tool. Any tedious screw driving job will be simplified in a surprising manner.
- The FS4200 tool houses 6.0 AMP powerful motor with 0-4,000 RPM speed levels specially engineered to accomplish most framing and hanging jobs.
- To improve comfort during use, this 6A screwdriver incorporates ergonomically-designed elastic pistol grip.
- For reliable screw depth, there is an adaptable depth locator structure with the sure-lock feature.
2. Makita XSF03Z 18V LXT Drywall Screwdriver:
The included BL brushless motor provides a maximum speed of up to 4,000 RPM to satisfactorily handle a broad range of drywall jobs. Use of the BL brushless motor removes the need for carbon brushes, allowing the motor to operate without heat dissipation.
Its entire operation electronically-controlled to deliver high efficiency. In most cases, this XSF03Z screw gun model is perfect for dangling sheetrock, installing subfloors, metal casing, and decking applications.
- Extra durability is conveyed with Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) that specially design for offering superb dust and water resistance.
- Implementation of the Push Drive technology gives assurance that the motor commences only when the screwdriver is occupied for a noise-free work environment. Moreover, this technology saves battery power.
1. Ridgid R6791 3 In Drywall and Deck Collated Screwdriver:
The compact design of this model of the Ridgid screwdriver tool is found to be lightweight. Furthermore, it is intended to showcase excellent ergonomics for prolonged use. In less than 10 minutes, the users will quickly get acquainted with its use.
Actually, it is possible to drive approximately 2000 screws easily. In addition to working well, it is available at affordable rates keeping in mind users of different budget needs.
- Incorporation of the 6.5A motor delivers up to 3,700 RPM (max speed) to fasten screws sized 1 in. to 3 in.
- Its hex grip showcases modern micro-texture to employ secure grip and excellent comfort.
In daily life, the need for fastening screws on different materials arises frequently for different applications. Now you could conveniently drive the required screws through any of these drywall screw guns without feeling fatigued.