Your SUV may be a bit tall, for your four-legged traveling companion. Picking him or her up every time you want them in or out of your large vehicle may not be a good solution. To solve this issue, you need one of the top 10 best dog ramps for car in 2022.
These ramps take all the work out of getting your favorite furry friend in or out of your vehicle. Your dog can walk in and out with ease. That preserves their joints and legs keeping your pet healthier longer.
To find out which dog ramps made our top 10 dog ramps for car in 2022 list. You just have to continue to read our review. It is filled with the information you need to find the right ramp for you and your pet.
- List of Best Dog Ramps for Car Reviews
- 10. Paws & Pals Auto Dog Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
- 9. Pet Gear Travel Lite Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
- 8. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
- 7. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
- 6. PetSafe Solvit Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
- 5. Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
- 4. Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
- 3. Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
- 2. Solvit PetSafe Deluxe Extra-Long Telescoping Pet Ramp
- 1. Solvit Ultralite Bifold Pet Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
- The benefits of using a dog ramp:
- Related Posts
List of Best Dog Ramps for Car Reviews
10. Paws & Pals Auto Dog Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
This single ramp will hold up to 150 pounds of weight. No matter the size of your canine friend, it should find getting in and out of your car easier. Plus, the ramp comes with a special non-slip coating cover This gives your dog the traction to make the climb safer.
Also, with its built-in hinges, you can fold it up nice and small for better storage. Also, a safety locking system holds the ramp in place while your dog uses it to enter or exit your vehicle.
Then if you need it to, you may be able to use the ramp to help your dog get over steps to your house. Plus, the non-slip feet help make sure the ramp stays in place while your dog is on top of it.
Also Checked: Best HDMI Splitters
9. Pet Gear Travel Lite Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
For cars with lower access points, this ramp will handle your pets entering and exit needs with ease. Plus, the 42-inch length keeps the angle down making the ramp easier to use. While weighing only 7 pounds, this ramp will hold up to a 200-pound dog.
Also, if your dog is not well, you can take this ramp inside. The multi-functional ramp allows you to make getting up stairs or onto the couch a lot easier. Slippery footing is not an issue either. The non-slip pressured triggered ramp makes sure your dog does not slip.
After using, you simply fold the ramp in half and move it by the built-in handle. Then, to help with placement, the non-slip rubber footing keeps the ramp in place when in use. The overall measurements are 42 by 16 by 4 inches in size.
8. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
This pink-colored doggy ramp is perfect for your female canine friends. They can look good as they walk up this neatly colored doggy ramp. With its rubberized walking surface, your dog can easily get up the ramp without slipping That is if they do not weigh more than 500 pounds.
Also, the ramp is ready to use right out of the box. Just take it out, unfold it and put it on your car. It is that simple to use. Then the rubber footing makes sure the ramp stays in place until it is packed away.
To move the ramp in and out of storage, just grab it by the molded hands. Easy to keep clean, just a little soap and water. This ramp should not rust or corrode throughout its lifetime.
7. PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
There is a color for girl dogs and one for male dogs, that is if your dog really cares about color. This dark blue rap comes with a rubberized walkway to make sure your dog uses it in complete safety. Rubberized feet also help keep the ramp in place when in use.
Storage is not a problem as the ramp folds in half. Then you move it by grabbing the molded handles. It is a simple and easy ramp to use for those who like simple things. After setting the ramp up, you can get 500 pounds of weight on top of it. But it is for animal use only.
Made from a composite plastic material, the ramp is easy to keep clean. Just a damp cloth and a little soap and water will do the trick.
6. PetSafe Solvit Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
One way to make your dog’s entrance and exit into your vehicle easier is to have an adjustable ramp. This telescoping ramp allows you to meet the different angles your car faces when parked. Just extend it to meet your angle issues.
After getting the ramp out of its hiding place, you can extend it between 39 to 72 inches in length. After that, you can place up to 400 pounds of animal on top of it without your dog slipping or hurting itself. It is made for animal use only.
There is little chance of your dog losing its balance. The no-slip traction keeps your dog’s feet steady and sure. Weighing only 13 pounds itself, it is not a heavy object to pick up and move. Also, the 17-inch width should give your dog plenty of space to walk up or down comfortably.
5. Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
You get a lot of areas to unleash this dog ramp. With its 71 inches of reach, any parking situation should not be a problem for your dog. They can enter and exit with ease. Plus, its almost 20-inch width, your dog should have plenty of room while walking up and down.
Storage is not a problem as the ramp folds up in thirds. That makes the ramp very compact when not in use. A built-in handle makes carrying the ramp simple and convenient.
Also, the ramp should hold up to 200 pounds with ease and its no lip footing makes walking on it comfortable and safe. At the top of the ramp is a little hook system. You place this hook onto your backdoor lock and the ramp stay in place when in use.
4. Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
Your dog won’t have it is good when you buy him or her their very own dog ramp for cars. Two front legs with supports give your dog all the height they need to get in or out of your vehicle. The ramp supports itself and shouldn’t scratch your car.
Then the no-slip traction coating makes it easy for your dog to walk up or down the ramp. Also, storage is simple and easy. Just release the for supports, fold the legs and then the bottom half of the ramp and it is ready to be packed away.
After opening it up, the 52 by 23 by 16-inch ramp can hold up to 200 pounds. Clean-up is also easy. Just use a little soap and water when you wash your car and it should be good to go.
3. Pet Gear Tri-Fold Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
If you have a 200-pound or lighter dog, then this ramp is for you. It unfolds in tree places making it easy to use and store. Its folded compact size provides you with plenty of storage options. After unfolding the ramp, you get 71 inches to help your dog in or out of your vehicle.
Before you let your dog get on the ramp, you can hook it in place with the handy safety locking system at the top of the ramp. Then your dog can use the no-slip walkway worry free. To help keep it stable, the rubber feet hold the ramp in place as well.
In addition to all of this, your dog gets 16 inches of width to make sure it can walk up and down without hassle. The wide walkway gives your dog plenty of space to maneuver.
2. Solvit PetSafe Deluxe Extra-Long Telescoping Pet Ramp
Being able to adjust the length of your dog car ramp is an added bonus Not every parking situation is the same so it is good to have options available. Just pull out the length you need, between 47 and 87 inches, and set the ramp down.
Your dog can then walk up and down the no-slip walkway with ease. As long as they weigh under 300 pounds. After your dog gets on the ramp, it will have a 20-inch width to maneuver. While it holds 300 pounds, the ramp is made for pets only.
Also, the built-in molded handle makes it easy to move the ramp in and out of its storage spot. For stability, 4 rubber feet have been added to keep the ramp in place when your dog is using it. A very durable ramp for most dogs to use.
1. Solvit Ultralite Bifold Pet Ramp – Best Dog Ramps for Car
When you can’t lift heavy objects, this lightweight ramp may meet your own physical needs. Weighing under 11 pounds, you should be able to lift and carry the ramp with ease. Despite the lack of weight, the ramp is still strong enough to hold up to 150 pounds.
After setting the ramp up, your dog should not have any problem walking on it. The no-slip coating makes sure your pet has plenty of traction as it walks up and down the ramp. The 62 by 16-inch dimensions provide ample room for your pet to walk on the ramp. Plus, you get enough length to handle most parking situations.
To store the ramp, just fold it up in half and slip it where it is the most convenient. Its 4-inch width should not cause storage hassles. Rubber feet help keep the ramp still when your dog is on top of it.
The benefits of using a dog ramp:
Dogs have a lot of strength and hopping in and out of cars is usually not a problem. But if you want to protect your dog, then using one of the top 10 best dog ramps for car in 2022 is the way to go.
These ramps bring you many benefits which help your dog last longer and be healthier. Here are some of those benefits:
- Protects joints- the impact of landing can hurt your dog’s joints. A good ramp takes that stress and burden away making it easier on your dog’s legs
- Protects from injuries- sometimes dogs miss their jump and get injured. A good dog ramp saves your dog from injuring themselves
- Protects you- if your dog is a bit larger and heavier than average, your back may feel the strain of lifting your pet in and out of your vehicle. A dog ramp protects you from bad injuries as well
- Convenience- dog ramps can be used on almost any type of passenger vehicle. Plus, they can handle a variety of parking situations with ease.
- Variety of use- beside using the ramp n your car, you can help older dogs get up or down stairs, get onto furniture easier and much more. Their multi-use features help make your life easier
- Easy to use- most ramps are ready to go right out of the box. You just pull them out, attach the lock, etc., and unfold. Getting your dog in and out of your vehicle should be a snap
- Easy to store- with their fold up the design you can easily find a spot in your car or home to put the ramp when not in use. Those that do not fold usually telescope making them shorter and still easy to store.
Your dog gives you unconditional love without asking for anything in return. One way to give back to your pet is to use one of the top 10 best dog ramps for car in 2022. These ramps make it very easy for your dog to enter or exit your vehicle.
Plus, they are designed to hold heavy weights, give plenty of maneuver room as well as protect your dog from injury. Do the right thing by your dog and get them the tool that will last them their lifetime. You won’t be sorry that you did.
Related Post: Best Extra Large Dog Crates